About Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid cancer is a cancer type that will first form in the thyroid gland. Although it isn’t a common strain, it’s unique in that it’s likelier to occur in middle-aged adults than older adults. As compared to someone older, a middle-aged patient may be experiencing peak-level hormone changes as thyroid function naturally shifts.
Statistically, it’s the most rapidly increasing cancer, but that’s likely due to new detection methods.
Where are Thyroid Cancer Cells located?
The thyroid gland is located in the frontal area of the neck, below the Adam’s apple. Cancer will typically occur in one of two regions where there is enough thyroid tissue for cancerous cells to settle:
- Follicular cells – Cells that help regulate a person’s thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
- C Cells – Cells that produce calcitonin, which helps the body use calcium.
How Does it Impact your Body?
Thyroid function plays an important role in regulating your heart rate, body temperature, blood pressure, and metabolism. When cancer cells form, they can impact all of these activities. In later stages, it can cause damage to nearby organs, requiring immediate targeted therapy such as thyroid cancer surgery or chemotherapy.
Are There Different types of Thyroid Cancer?
There are three primary types of thyroid cancer:
- Differentiated thyroid cancer
- Medullary thyroid cancer
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer
Thyroid Cancer Statistics
Per the American Cancer Society, there are approximately 52,000 cases of thyroid cancer per year—14,000 men, and 38,000 women. It most commonly occurs in middle-aged adult women.
Causes and Risk Factors
The exact cause for thyroid cancer remains a mystery; however, doctors have found links between various risk factors and the disease. These include:
- Gender – Though both genders can experience thyroid problems, omen are 3 times more likely to develop thyroid cancer than men.
- Age – Middle-aged adults are more likely to have the disease than older adults.
- Hereditary conditions – Some genetic conditions cause inherited abnormal genes that can potentially cause thyroid disorders. They’re known as familial medullary thyroid carcinoma.
- Family history – If someone in your family has thyroid cancer, your risk increases.
- Radiation – Radiation exposure dramatically increases the chances of developing a thyroid condition, benign thyroid nodules, or the metastatic disease in its full form.
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
Signs and Symptoms of Thyroid Cancer
Signs and symptoms of thyroid cancer are uncommon in the early stages. Regardless, the signs of a thyroid nodule that you should be aware of include:
- Cough that lingers
- Ear pain
- Lump in the neck
- Pain in the front of the neck
- Swelling in the neck
- Trouble breathing
- Trouble swallowing
The Different Stages of Thyroid Cancer
The vast majority of cancer strains are graded on a scale of 0 to 4. The stages for thymus cancer are:
- Stage 0 – Carcinoma in situ, a small potentially malignant or benign tumor forms as a thyroid nodule within the organ tissue.
- Stage I – Cancerous thyroid tumor forms but has yet to spread to lymph nodes or distant regions.
- Stage II – Tumor is less than 2cm. It may or may not have spread to lymph nodes, but hasn’t reached distant regions in the patient.
- Stage III – Tumor has grown beyond the thyroid gland into nearby tissues like the larynx, trachea, or esophagus. The cancerous thyroid cells may or may not have spread to lymph nodes but hasn’t reached distant regions.
- Stage IV – Tumor has grown beyond the thyroid gland towards the spine and into large blood vessels. The cancerous cells may or may not have spread to lymph nodes and has reached distant regions of the body.
Natural / Alternative Treatment for Thyroid Cancer
For years, there was only one thyroid cancer treatment for patients. Often it caused more damage than it healed, thus affecting survival rates. Now, there’s a better, safer, and more effective way rather than relying on targeted therapies such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy or invasive thyroid surgery. At ITC, we use a holistic approach that utilizes a host of groundbreaking alternative cancer treatments that work to boost your immune system. This lets thyroid cancer patients fight cancer naturally.
When you visit Immunity Therapy Center, you’ll meet with Dr. Bautista for a consultation. He’ll run you through a thorough examination, which will help him create your custom therapy plan and determine which thyroid cancer treatments will be best for your case. Once started, you will consult with a doctor daily to determine whether or not your cancer treatment plan needs to be adjusted. This ensures that you’re getting the exact cancer care therapy you need.
If you wish for a natural way to fight cancer cells that won’t completely destroy your body and immune system like standard targeted therapies will, we’re your solution. We’ve helped hundreds of thyroid cancer patients in their battle, and we can help you as well.
Interested? Reach out today and we’ll immediately arrange a consultation.
- American Cancer Society. Key Statistics for Thyroid Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/thyroid-cancer/about/key-statistics.html
- WebMD. What is Thyroid Cancer? https://www.webmd.com/cancer/what-is-thyroid-cancer#1
- National Cancer Institute. Thyroid Cancer Treatment. https://www.cancer.gov/types/thyroid/patient/thyroid-treatment-pdq
Therapies we use
At Immunity Therapy Center, our goal is to provide objective, updated, and research-based information on all health-related topics. This article is based on scientific research and/or other scientific articles. All information has been fact-checked and reviewed by Dr. Carlos Bautista, a Board Certified Medical Doctor at Immunity Therapy Center. All information published on the site must undergo an extensive review process to ensure accuracy. This article contains trusted sources with all references hyperlinked for the reader's visibility.
Customized Care For the Body And The Mind
Discuss Your Custom Alternative Treatment Plan With Our Team Today
Hear from Our Patients
Jack was diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer and, as a result, was living his life in tremendous amounts of pain. It was Jack’s third time getting diagnosed with prostate cancer. Jack’s conventional doctor had put him through chemotherapy and other treatments but had begun to give up, telling Jack that his days were numbered. […]
Maria Petulla was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. Maria’s life was affected by the cancer; she became partially disabled and was living her life in a tremendous amount of pain. The cancer was taking over her life. After waking up one day and feeling the pain spread to her face, Maria knew that she […]
Robert Gray from Ontario, Canada has been battling stage 4 neuroendocrine carcinoid cancer. He came to ITC looking for a solution to shrink and eliminate his tumors. He found a kind and caring team of doctors at ITC that could focus on his case. Dr. Bautista brought knowledge and understanding to his case and helped […]
Alexandria, a United States resident, was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma in March. The disease came very suddenly. After living a very active lifestyle, she could no longer walk and took a turn for the worst. She knew that she had to receive quality care fast if she was going to recover. When she met […]
In 2015, Pamela was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer that escalated into Stage Four Breast Cancer. Along with her cancer, she also was dealing with infection and swelling on her chest and arm. After hearing about the success of integrative medicine over a conventional method, she knew that she wanted to start her journey […]
In 2019, Alberto was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer along with Pelvic Bone Metastasis. After attempting to treat his cancer from the mountains of Mexico, a family member came across Immunity Therapy Center and Alberto and his family decided it would be the best route forward. He began his journey at Immunity Therapy Center in late […]
“The approach they take here is to help the body, to strengthen the immune system, and to stimulate it, so that the body itself fights the disease” In 2018, Joseph Turkington’s health started to deteriorate. A usually healthy person, he began to have pains in his stomach area, pains so bad that he eventually decided […]
“ITC offers so many different therapies and none of them are painful at all. During my time at ITC my quality of life was not taken away from me [unlike with Chemotherapy] and my lymphoma shrank drastically” In 2016, Fouad Youssef discovered he had a lymphoma the size of his thumb knuckle under his arm. […]
When Xiao was diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma her pain was so bad she classified it at a level 10 every single day. After just a few days at Immunity Therapy Center her pain dropped to a 5, and after a full week she didn’t even need to take her pain medicine anymore. Xiao encourages […]
Prior to being diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma, Melissa Porter lead a very healthy lifestyle. While traveling in Costa Rica she found a lump in her right underarm that was found to be Cancerous. When Melissa returned home she researched a variety of alternative treatment options and after being told about Immunity Therapy Center by her […]