About Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid cancer is a cancer type that will first form in the thyroid gland. Although it isn’t a common strain, it’s unique in that it’s likelier to occur in middle-aged adults than older adults. As compared to someone older, a middle-aged patient may be experiencing peak-level hormone changes as thyroid function naturally shifts.
Statistically, it’s the most rapidly increasing cancer, but that’s likely due to new detection methods.
Where are Thyroid Cancer Cells located?
The thyroid gland is located in the frontal area of the neck, below the Adam’s apple. Cancer will typically occur in one of two regions where there is enough thyroid tissue for cancerous cells to settle:
- Follicular cells – Cells that help regulate a person’s thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
- C Cells – Cells that produce calcitonin, which helps the body use calcium.
How Does it Impact your Body?
Thyroid function plays an important role in regulating your heart rate, body temperature, blood pressure, and metabolism. When cancer cells form, they can impact all of these activities. In later stages, it can cause damage to nearby organs, requiring immediate targeted therapy such as thyroid cancer surgery or chemotherapy.
Are There Different types of Thyroid Cancer?
There are three primary types of thyroid cancer:
- Differentiated thyroid cancer
- Medullary thyroid cancer
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer
Thyroid Cancer Statistics
Per the American Cancer Society, there are approximately 52,000 cases of thyroid cancer per year—14,000 men, and 38,000 women. It most commonly occurs in middle-aged adult women.
Causes and Risk Factors
The exact cause for thyroid cancer remains a mystery; however, doctors have found links between various risk factors and the disease. These include:
- Gender – Though both genders can experience thyroid problems, omen are 3 times more likely to develop thyroid cancer than men.
- Age – Middle-aged adults are more likely to have the disease than older adults.
- Hereditary conditions – Some genetic conditions cause inherited abnormal genes that can potentially cause thyroid disorders. They’re known as familial medullary thyroid carcinoma.
- Family history – If someone in your family has thyroid cancer, your risk increases.
- Radiation – Radiation exposure dramatically increases the chances of developing a thyroid condition, benign thyroid nodules, or the metastatic disease in its full form.
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
Signs and Symptoms of Thyroid Cancer
Signs and symptoms of thyroid cancer are uncommon in the early stages. Regardless, the signs of a thyroid nodule that you should be aware of include:
- Cough that lingers
- Ear pain
- Lump in the neck
- Pain in the front of the neck
- Swelling in the neck
- Trouble breathing
- Trouble swallowing
The Different Stages of Thyroid Cancer
The vast majority of cancer strains are graded on a scale of 0 to 4. The stages for thymus cancer are:
- Stage 0 – Carcinoma in situ, a small potentially malignant or benign tumor forms as a thyroid nodule within the organ tissue.
- Stage I – Cancerous thyroid tumor forms but has yet to spread to lymph nodes or distant regions.
- Stage II – Tumor is less than 2cm. It may or may not have spread to lymph nodes, but hasn’t reached distant regions in the patient.
- Stage III – Tumor has grown beyond the thyroid gland into nearby tissues like the larynx, trachea, or esophagus. The cancerous thyroid cells may or may not have spread to lymph nodes but hasn’t reached distant regions.
- Stage IV – Tumor has grown beyond the thyroid gland towards the spine and into large blood vessels. The cancerous cells may or may not have spread to lymph nodes and has reached distant regions of the body.
Natural / Alternative Treatment for Thyroid Cancer
For years, there was only one thyroid cancer treatment for patients. Often it caused more damage than it healed, thus affecting survival rates. Now, there’s a better, safer, and more effective way rather than relying on targeted therapies such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy or invasive thyroid surgery. At ITC, we use a holistic approach that utilizes a host of groundbreaking alternative cancer treatments that work to boost your immune system. This lets thyroid cancer patients fight cancer naturally.
When you visit Immunity Therapy Center, you’ll meet with Dr. Bautista for a consultation. He’ll run you through a thorough examination, which will help him create your custom therapy plan and determine which thyroid cancer treatments will be best for your case. Once started, you will consult with a doctor daily to determine whether or not your cancer treatment plan needs to be adjusted. This ensures that you’re getting the exact cancer care therapy you need.
If you wish for a natural way to fight cancer cells that won’t completely destroy your body and immune system like standard targeted therapies will, we’re your solution. We’ve helped hundreds of thyroid cancer patients in their battle, and we can help you as well.
Interested? Reach out today and we’ll immediately arrange a consultation.
- American Cancer Society. Key Statistics for Thyroid Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/thyroid-cancer/about/key-statistics.html
- WebMD. What is Thyroid Cancer? https://www.webmd.com/cancer/what-is-thyroid-cancer#1
- National Cancer Institute. Thyroid Cancer Treatment. https://www.cancer.gov/types/thyroid/patient/thyroid-treatment-pdq
Therapies we use
At Immunity Therapy Center, our goal is to provide objective, updated, and research-based information on all health-related topics. This article is based on scientific research and/or other scientific articles. All information has been fact-checked and reviewed by Dr. Carlos Bautista, a Board Certified Medical Doctor at Immunity Therapy Center. All information published on the site must undergo an extensive review process to ensure accuracy. This article contains trusted sources with all references hyperlinked for the reader's visibility.
Customized Care For the Body And The Mind
Discuss Your Custom Alternative Treatment Plan With Our Team Today
Hear from Our Patients
Peter Richardson was having significantly increasing pain in his stomach earlier in February. Following doctors orders for treating constipation, Peter took laxatives and pain killers for 5 months, but nothing was helping. When he went back to the doctor a second time they did a CT scan and found a large mass in his abdomen […]
In 2015, Pamela was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer that escalated into Stage Four Breast Cancer. Along with her cancer, she also was dealing with infection and swelling on her chest and arm. After hearing about the success of integrative medicine over a conventional method, she knew that she wanted to start her journey […]
Joshua Gibbs of Detroit, Michigan was diagnosed with Stage 4 Small Bowel Cancer in January 2020 at the age of 28. He was very sick and in a wheelchair when he arrived at Immunity Therapy Center, but was encouraged by how quickly “Dr Bautista jumped in to help” once he arrived. With the support of […]
Alexandria, a United States resident, was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma in March. The disease came very suddenly. After living a very active lifestyle, she could no longer walk and took a turn for the worst. She knew that she had to receive quality care fast if she was going to recover. When she met […]
“The nurses… prayed with us during hard times.” Marie started experiencing pain in her stomach. When she visited her doctor in Belize, he prescribed medicine and said she should feel better in two weeks. Instead, she felt worse. She went to Mexico for more tests and was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Through research and asking friends […]
“ITC offers so many different therapies and none of them are painful at all. During my time at ITC my quality of life was not taken away from me [unlike with Chemotherapy] and my lymphoma shrank drastically” In 2016, Fouad Youssef discovered he had a lymphoma the size of his thumb knuckle under his arm. […]
Johnny Russell Jr
“I am amazed at Dr. Bautista’s knowledge, we know the term doctor really means teacher.” Johnny had never been to Tijuana, Mexico prior to his visit at the Immunity Therapy Center, he is now in love with the city and the culture. After 3 weeks of treatment, Johnny was able to leave cancer free of […]
Johnny Russell, Jr. | Follow Up
This is Johnny’s 3rd follow up. He has been cancer free since June 2017 after being at ITC for two and a half weeks starting in May of 2017 with Myeloma Cancer. He decided to stay the full 6 weeks to get the full treatment and benefits of the therapies. Since then he maintains a […]
9 years ago Clara Kornelsen came to ITC for treatment after being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Although she was living in Canada at the time and healthcare was free, she felt it was the right thing to come to ITC for treatment. Today, Clara is “strong and healthy as ever” and thanks Dr. Bautista for […]
“The approach they take here is to help the body, to strengthen the immune system, and to stimulate it, so that the body itself fights the disease” In 2018, Joseph Turkington’s health started to deteriorate. A usually healthy person, he began to have pains in his stomach area, pains so bad that he eventually decided […]