About Throat Cancer
Throat cancer is a form of cancer that is difficult to detect in its early stages. Still, compared to other types of cancer, it is a relatively uncommon strain.
Where is Throat Cancer located?
Demonstrated by clinical trials, throat cancer begins when malignant tumors form in one of three places:
How Does it Impact Your Body?
In the early stage cancer, it affects the local area of the throat and can impact a person’s ability to speak or swallow, depending on the rate of cancerous tumor growth. Left untreated, the tumor cells will spread into the lymph nodes and then local organs, which could ultimately lead to esophageal cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, or even lung cancer.
Are There Different Types of Throat Cancer?
There are a variety of throat cancers, including:
- Laryngeal Cancer – The most common type of cancer begins when tumor cells form on the larynx (vocal cords). This type of cancer requires special attention as it poses the risk of a cancer patient losing the ability to speak.
- Adenocarcinoma – Starts in the glandular cells of the throat.
- Sarcoma – A rarer strain that starts in the muscle fibers of the neck.
- Pharyngeal cancer – The second most common form of throat cancer. It has three subcategories:
- Oropharynx cancer
Throat Cancer Statistics
Every year, more than 15,000 adult men and women will be diagnosed with laryngeal or pharyngeal cancer. Of these, where it originates is broken down as follows:
- 60% in the glottis
- 35% in the supraglottis
- 5% in the subglottis
Causes and Risk Factors
It remains unclear why cells in the throat develop genetic mutations that turn into cancer. According to clinical trials, we do know that there are factors that can increase the likelihood of developing throat cancer, including:
- Chewing tobacco
- Smoking tobacco
- Alcohol use and abuse
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Lack of fruits or vegetables in diet
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
Throat Cancer Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of cancerous cells in the throat you should be on the lookout for are:
- Persistent cough
- Difficulty swallowing
- Alteration in voice tone or tenor
- Dry mouth
- Ear pain
- Swollen throat
- Regular sore throat
- Weight loss
- Lump or sore on the throat that doesn’t heal
The Different Stages of Throat Cancer
Throat cancer follows typical cancer staging, which ranges from 0 to 4. They are:
- Stage 0 – Potentially cancerous cells develop in the throat but aren’t found anywhere else.
- Stage I – Tumor in the throat is less than 2 centimeters and has yet to spread to a lymph node or local organ. As mentioned before, if not caught in time, throat cancer patients may be contributing to the onset of esophageal cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, or lung cancer.
- Stage II – Tumor is more than 2 centimeters but less than 4 centimeters. Cancer has not reached the lymph nodes or other parts of the body.
- Stage III – Tumor is larger than 4 centimeters or has spread to 1 or 2 lymph nodes. It hasn’t yet spread elsewhere. Though tumor growth has increased, the cancer cells haven’t spread elsewhere.
- Stage IV – Tumor can be of any size, but cancer cells have spread to large lymph nodes, local organs, or further regions of the body. At this point, the cancer patient must see an oncologist or cancer center as stage IV is the most critical stage of the disease.
Alternative / Natural Treatment for Throat Cancer
Recently, scientific progress and advances in cancer research and clinical trials have demonstrated that there are better ways to treat cancer (other than traditional methods). Today, any cancer patient battling this disease does not need to rely on harsh methods of targeted therapy, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy or invasive throat cancer surgery, as their only option for throat cancer treatment.
You can say goodbye to the unbearable flu-like symptoms that often follow when undergoing harsh targeted therapy. Immunity Therapy Center specializes in cutting-edge alternative treatments that work by strengthening the immune system, thus allowing your body to fight cancer naturally.
At ITC, each patient that walks through our doors is given a completely custom treatment plan of holistic therapies for optimal cancer care. Under Dr. Bautista’s vigilant watch, a patient’s throat cancer plan is adjusted or altered on a daily basis to ensure that his/her body is responding well to the various therapies.
So, if you’re searching for a natural way to battle cancer, you’ve found it. Reach out today to set up a consultation for throat cancer treatment and learn more about ITC’s innovative strides towards improving cancer care and therapy!
- National Health Institute. Common Cancer Types. https://www.cancer.gov/types/common-cancers
- Cancer.net. Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Cancer: Statistics. https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/laryngeal-and-hypopharyngeal-cancer/statistics
- Cancer.org. Treating Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/laryngeal-and-hypopharyngeal-cancer/treating.html
Therapies we use
At Immunity Therapy Center, our goal is to provide objective, updated, and research-based information on all health-related topics. This article is based on scientific research and/or other scientific articles. All information has been fact-checked and reviewed by Dr. Carlos Bautista, a Board Certified Medical Doctor at Immunity Therapy Center. All information published on the site must undergo an extensive review process to ensure accuracy. This article contains trusted sources with all references hyperlinked for the reader's visibility.
Customized Care For the Body And The Mind
Discuss Your Custom Alternative Treatment Plan With Our Team Today
Hear from Our Patients
Peter Richardson was having significantly increasing pain in his stomach earlier in February. Following doctors orders for treating constipation, Peter took laxatives and pain killers for 5 months, but nothing was helping. When he went back to the doctor a second time they did a CT scan and found a large mass in his abdomen […]
Robert Gray from Ontario, Canada has been battling stage 4 neuroendocrine carcinoid cancer. He came to ITC looking for a solution to shrink and eliminate his tumors. He found a kind and caring team of doctors at ITC that could focus on his case. Dr. Bautista brought knowledge and understanding to his case and helped […]
In 2015, Pamela was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer that escalated into Stage Four Breast Cancer. Along with her cancer, she also was dealing with infection and swelling on her chest and arm. After hearing about the success of integrative medicine over a conventional method, she knew that she wanted to start her journey […]
Alexandria, a United States resident, was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma in March. The disease came very suddenly. After living a very active lifestyle, she could no longer walk and took a turn for the worst. She knew that she had to receive quality care fast if she was going to recover. When she met […]
“The nurses… prayed with us during hard times.” Marie started experiencing pain in her stomach. When she visited her doctor in Belize, he prescribed medicine and said she should feel better in two weeks. Instead, she felt worse. She went to Mexico for more tests and was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Through research and asking friends […]
“ITC offers so many different therapies and none of them are painful at all. During my time at ITC my quality of life was not taken away from me [unlike with Chemotherapy] and my lymphoma shrank drastically” In 2016, Fouad Youssef discovered he had a lymphoma the size of his thumb knuckle under his arm. […]
Johnny Russell Jr
“I am amazed at Dr. Bautista’s knowledge, we know the term doctor really means teacher.” Johnny had never been to Tijuana, Mexico prior to his visit at the Immunity Therapy Center, he is now in love with the city and the culture. After 3 weeks of treatment, Johnny was able to leave cancer free of […]
Johnny Russell, Jr. | Follow Up
This is Johnny’s 3rd follow up. He has been cancer free since June 2017 after being at ITC for two and a half weeks starting in May of 2017 with Myeloma Cancer. He decided to stay the full 6 weeks to get the full treatment and benefits of the therapies. Since then he maintains a […]
9 years ago Clara Kornelsen came to ITC for treatment after being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Although she was living in Canada at the time and healthcare was free, she felt it was the right thing to come to ITC for treatment. Today, Clara is “strong and healthy as ever” and thanks Dr. Bautista for […]
“The approach they take here is to help the body, to strengthen the immune system, and to stimulate it, so that the body itself fights the disease” In 2018, Joseph Turkington’s health started to deteriorate. A usually healthy person, he began to have pains in his stomach area, pains so bad that he eventually decided […]