About Throat Cancer
Throat cancer is a form of cancer that is difficult to detect in its early stages. Still, compared to other types of cancer, it is a relatively uncommon strain.
Where is Throat Cancer located?
Demonstrated by clinical trials, throat cancer begins when malignant tumors form in one of three places:
How Does it Impact Your Body?
In the early stage cancer, it affects the local area of the throat and can impact a person’s ability to speak or swallow, depending on the rate of cancerous tumor growth. Left untreated, the tumor cells will spread into the lymph nodes and then local organs, which could ultimately lead to esophageal cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, or even lung cancer.
Are There Different Types of Throat Cancer?
There are a variety of throat cancers, including:
- Laryngeal Cancer – The most common type of cancer begins when tumor cells form on the larynx (vocal cords). This type of cancer requires special attention as it poses the risk of a cancer patient losing the ability to speak.
- Adenocarcinoma – Starts in the glandular cells of the throat.
- Sarcoma – A rarer strain that starts in the muscle fibers of the neck.
- Pharyngeal cancer – The second most common form of throat cancer. It has three subcategories:
- Oropharynx cancer
Throat Cancer Statistics
Every year, more than 15,000 adult men and women will be diagnosed with laryngeal or pharyngeal cancer. Of these, where it originates is broken down as follows:
- 60% in the glottis
- 35% in the supraglottis
- 5% in the subglottis
Causes and Risk Factors
It remains unclear why cells in the throat develop genetic mutations that turn into cancer. According to clinical trials, we do know that there are factors that can increase the likelihood of developing throat cancer, including:
- Chewing tobacco
- Smoking tobacco
- Alcohol use and abuse
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Lack of fruits or vegetables in diet
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
Throat Cancer Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of cancerous cells in the throat you should be on the lookout for are:
- Persistent cough
- Difficulty swallowing
- Alteration in voice tone or tenor
- Dry mouth
- Ear pain
- Swollen throat
- Regular sore throat
- Weight loss
- Lump or sore on the throat that doesn’t heal
The Different Stages of Throat Cancer
Throat cancer follows typical cancer staging, which ranges from 0 to 4. They are:
- Stage 0 – Potentially cancerous cells develop in the throat but aren’t found anywhere else.
- Stage I – Tumor in the throat is less than 2 centimeters and has yet to spread to a lymph node or local organ. As mentioned before, if not caught in time, throat cancer patients may be contributing to the onset of esophageal cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, or lung cancer.
- Stage II – Tumor is more than 2 centimeters but less than 4 centimeters. Cancer has not reached the lymph nodes or other parts of the body.
- Stage III – Tumor is larger than 4 centimeters or has spread to 1 or 2 lymph nodes. It hasn’t yet spread elsewhere. Though tumor growth has increased, the cancer cells haven’t spread elsewhere.
- Stage IV – Tumor can be of any size, but cancer cells have spread to large lymph nodes, local organs, or further regions of the body. At this point, the cancer patient must see an oncologist or cancer center as stage IV is the most critical stage of the disease.
Alternative / Natural Treatment for Throat Cancer
Recently, scientific progress and advances in cancer research and clinical trials have demonstrated that there are better ways to treat cancer (other than traditional methods). Today, any cancer patient battling this disease does not need to rely on harsh methods of targeted therapy, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy or invasive throat cancer surgery, as their only option for throat cancer treatment.
You can say goodbye to the unbearable flu-like symptoms that often follow when undergoing harsh targeted therapy. Immunity Therapy Center specializes in cutting-edge alternative treatments that work by strengthening the immune system, thus allowing your body to fight cancer naturally.
At ITC, each patient that walks through our doors is given a completely custom treatment plan of holistic therapies for optimal cancer care. Under Dr. Bautista’s vigilant watch, a patient’s throat cancer plan is adjusted or altered on a daily basis to ensure that his/her body is responding well to the various therapies.
So, if you’re searching for a natural way to battle cancer, you’ve found it. Reach out today to set up a consultation for throat cancer treatment and learn more about ITC’s innovative strides towards improving cancer care and therapy!
- National Health Institute. Common Cancer Types. https://www.cancer.gov/types/common-cancers
- Cancer.net. Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Cancer: Statistics. https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/laryngeal-and-hypopharyngeal-cancer/statistics
- Cancer.org. Treating Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/laryngeal-and-hypopharyngeal-cancer/treating.html
Therapies we use
At Immunity Therapy Center, our goal is to provide objective, updated, and research-based information on all health-related topics. This article is based on scientific research and/or other scientific articles. All information has been fact-checked and reviewed by Dr. Carlos Bautista, a Board Certified Medical Doctor at Immunity Therapy Center. All information published on the site must undergo an extensive review process to ensure accuracy. This article contains trusted sources with all references hyperlinked for the reader's visibility.
Customized Care For the Body And The Mind
Discuss Your Custom Alternative Treatment Plan With Our Team Today
Hear from Our Patients
Jack was diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer and, as a result, was living his life in tremendous amounts of pain. It was Jack’s third time getting diagnosed with prostate cancer. Jack’s conventional doctor had put him through chemotherapy and other treatments but had begun to give up, telling Jack that his days were numbered. […]
Maria Petulla was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. Maria’s life was affected by the cancer; she became partially disabled and was living her life in a tremendous amount of pain. The cancer was taking over her life. After waking up one day and feeling the pain spread to her face, Maria knew that she […]
Robert Gray from Ontario, Canada has been battling stage 4 neuroendocrine carcinoid cancer. He came to ITC looking for a solution to shrink and eliminate his tumors. He found a kind and caring team of doctors at ITC that could focus on his case. Dr. Bautista brought knowledge and understanding to his case and helped […]
Alexandria, a United States resident, was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma in March. The disease came very suddenly. After living a very active lifestyle, she could no longer walk and took a turn for the worst. She knew that she had to receive quality care fast if she was going to recover. When she met […]
In 2015, Pamela was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer that escalated into Stage Four Breast Cancer. Along with her cancer, she also was dealing with infection and swelling on her chest and arm. After hearing about the success of integrative medicine over a conventional method, she knew that she wanted to start her journey […]
In 2019, Alberto was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer along with Pelvic Bone Metastasis. After attempting to treat his cancer from the mountains of Mexico, a family member came across Immunity Therapy Center and Alberto and his family decided it would be the best route forward. He began his journey at Immunity Therapy Center in late […]
“The approach they take here is to help the body, to strengthen the immune system, and to stimulate it, so that the body itself fights the disease” In 2018, Joseph Turkington’s health started to deteriorate. A usually healthy person, he began to have pains in his stomach area, pains so bad that he eventually decided […]
“ITC offers so many different therapies and none of them are painful at all. During my time at ITC my quality of life was not taken away from me [unlike with Chemotherapy] and my lymphoma shrank drastically” In 2016, Fouad Youssef discovered he had a lymphoma the size of his thumb knuckle under his arm. […]
When Xiao was diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma her pain was so bad she classified it at a level 10 every single day. After just a few days at Immunity Therapy Center her pain dropped to a 5, and after a full week she didn’t even need to take her pain medicine anymore. Xiao encourages […]
Prior to being diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma, Melissa Porter lead a very healthy lifestyle. While traveling in Costa Rica she found a lump in her right underarm that was found to be Cancerous. When Melissa returned home she researched a variety of alternative treatment options and after being told about Immunity Therapy Center by her […]