About Sinus and Nasal Cancer
Nasal and sinus cancer are rare diseases, which is why they’re often initially confused with more common sinus issues, such as a sinus infection. If you’re experiencing unpleasant or uncomfortable symptoms in or behind the nasal cavity (especially for an extended period of time), it’s paramount you see a doctor right away since early detection can make sinus cancer far more treatable, considering the various forms of innovative therapy.
Where is Sinus Cancer located?
Sinus cancer cells manifest as tumors in the nasal cavity, particularly the maxillary sinus. These nasal cavity tumors will typically form in one of two places:
- The area around the nose where mucus is produced
- The space behind the nose allowing air to pass through the nasal passages and into the lungs
How Do Nasal Cavity Tumors Impact your Body?
In the initial stages, tumors form in the nasal passages. Once the nasal polyps have grown large enough, the cancer can spread to local tissue regions of the head and throat. Left unchecked, the cluster of nasal cavity cancer cells will eventually move to further regions of the body.
Are There Different Types of Nasal and Sinus Cancer?
Nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer are the two primary types of cancer that will form in the head and neck. The cancerous cells tend to be characterized as either:
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Mucosa cell carcinoma
Sinus Cancer Statistics
This is a very uncommon form of cancer. Each year, only 2,000 people are diagnosed with a nasal cavity or paranasal sinus cancer in the United States.
It becomes more common as people age, with 80% of those diagnosed with either squamous cell or mucosa cell carcinoma being above the age of 50.
Causes and Risk Factors
The specific cause of sinus or nasal cancer are unknown. However, we do know that there are risk factors involved, including:
- Workplace exposure – Certain lines of work yield further risk, particularly if they involve small particulates that linger in the air and invade the nose, such as:
- Wood dust
- Textile dust
- Leather dust
- Nickel and chromium dust
- Mustard gas
- Hereditary retinoblastoma treatment
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
Signs and Symptoms of Sinus Cancer
Symptoms of sinus cancer will typically manifest on one side. Common symptoms of the impacted patient include:
- Bulging in one eye
- Constant watering eyes
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Growth of the nose, face, or palate
- Hearing loss
- Lingering nasal congestion
- Loss of smell
- Numbness or pain in the face
- Pain above or below the eyes
- Pain or pressure in an ear
- Post-nasal drip
- Pus draining out the nose
- Teeth loosening or going numb
- Trouble opening mouth
The Different Stages of Sinus Cancer
Sinus cancer will go through several stages ranging from 0 to IV. These are:
- Stage 0 – Primary sinus tumor is only on the top tissue layer of cells that line the maxillary sinus, and haven’t grown deeper. There are no cancerous cells in the lymph nodes or distant regions of the body. The sinus tumor at this stage is minimally invasive and localized.
- Stage I – Primary tumor grows deeper, but only into the mucosa—the skin lining the sinus cavity—and has not penetrated the bone. Cancer is neither in the lymph nodes, nor the distant parts of the body.
- Stage II – The tumor has begun to penetrate the bone of the sinus, but not the bones in the back part. Cancer still has not yet spread elsewhere, particularly the lymph nodes.
- Stage III – The tumor has reached the posterior wall—the bones at the back of the sinus cavity—or the ethmoid sinus tissue, or the eye socket. Cancer may have spread to a single lymph node.
- Stage IV – The tumor is growing into the regions around the nasal cavity, including the cheek, eye socket, and top of the nose. Cancer may have spread to multiple lymph nodes or other regions of the body.
Alternative / Natural Treatment of this Cancer
Unlike traditional treatment methods such as induction chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or invasive surgery, alternative treatments are more effective since they focus on boosting your immune system to help your body build back healthy tissue and fight cancer naturally.
At ITC, our mission is to provide patients with a precise mix of natural and effective alternative cancer treatment options. Since every patient’s health and history is different, we tailor each treatment program to the individual. We want to optimize the treatment for your specific condition. Doctors meets with our patients daily to discuss and adjust treatment plans according to your body’s response.
Together, we can fight your sinus cancer. If you are searching for a cancer center, give us a call and let us walk you through our cancer care and various alternative sinus cancer treatment options. We want to join you in this fight, empowering your body to do what it knows to do naturally; heal.
- Cancert.net. Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinus Cancer: Statistics. https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/nasal-cavity-and-paranasal-sinus-cancer/statistics
- Cancer.org. Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinus Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/nasal-cavity-and-paranasal-sinus-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging.html
- WebMD. Sinus and Nasal Cavity Cancer. https://www.webmd.com/cancer/sinus-nasal-cavity-cancer#1
Therapies we use
At Immunity Therapy Center, our goal is to provide objective, updated, and research-based information on all health-related topics. This article is based on scientific research and/or other scientific articles. All information has been fact-checked and reviewed by Dr. Carlos Bautista, a Board Certified Medical Doctor at Immunity Therapy Center. All information published on the site must undergo an extensive review process to ensure accuracy. This article contains trusted sources with all references hyperlinked for the reader's visibility.
Customized Care For the Body And The Mind
Discuss Your Custom Alternative Treatment Plan With Our Team Today
Hear from Our Patients
See why the Immunity Therapy Center is a trusted name for medical tourism and cancer treatment centers in Mexico.
Karla Leonard, from Riverside, CA, battled Stage IV metastatic breast cancer with unwavering determination. Despite her initial disbelief at her deteriorating health, she found hope in ITC. Choosing ITC for treatment in May 2013, Karla harbored high hopes. She pressed on despite her son’s reservations. From day one, ITC impressed her with excellent service and […]
Hailing from Calgary, Canada, Sadie Litosky’s life took a turn when she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma at just 19 years old. In a few short months, this first-year university student went from having a minor neck lump to facing breathing difficulties and chest pains. Sadie’s mother tirelessly researched treatment options worldwide and […]
Facing Stage III Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Gabrielle Friscia and her family sought comprehensive treatment within their country’s borders. Unfortunately, their search came up short. By chance, it was Gabrielle’s father who discovered the ITC just days after her diagnosis. Initially skeptical about pursuing treatment in Mexico, like any patient, they embarked on this medical journey. The […]
Troy Clark was diagnosed with Stage 3 Prostate Cancer back in 2018. After watching his father go through chemo and radiation therapy on three different occasions, Troy wanted to explore other options. Through a referral of a friend, he found Immunity Therapy Center. “Everyone at ITC treats me with the utmost respect. What I get […]
“The Immunity Therapy Center Saved My Life and I Hope they Can Help You Too” On March 14th Debbie was diagnosed with a rare type of Ampullary and Liver Cancer. Her doctors told her that her diagnosis was essentially a death sentence. After some extensive research, Debbie discovered ITC online and decided it was worth […]
Martin Ocegueda is a resident of Temecula, California. In 2022, he arrived at ITC and was diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. After being told by prior doctors that he only had 3 months to live, Ocegueda knew he needed to seek alternative treatment. His mother referred him to ITC, as his sister received treatment […]
9 years ago Clara Kornelsen came to ITC for treatment after being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Although she was living in Canada at the time and healthcare was free, she felt it was the right thing to come to ITC for treatment. Today, Clara is “strong and healthy as ever” and thanks Dr. Bautista for […]
Arthur Rivas, a California resident and Master of Science and Nursing, was diagnosed with Stage 3A Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Arthur, who has spent most of his life caring for others through the field of nursing, never thought he would be the one requiring extensive medical attention. With so much knowledge in the medical field, […]
Peter Richardson was having significantly increasing pain in his stomach earlier in February. Following doctors orders for treating constipation, Peter took laxatives and pain killers for 5 months, but nothing was helping. When he went back to the doctor a second time they did a CT scan and found a large mass in his abdomen […]
Prior to being diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma, Melissa Porter lead a very healthy lifestyle. While traveling in Costa Rica she found a lump in her right underarm that was found to be Cancerous. When Melissa returned home she researched a variety of alternative treatment options and after being told about Immunity Therapy Center by her […]