About Sinus and Nasal Cancer
Nasal and sinus cancer are rare diseases, which is why they’re often initially confused with more common sinus issues, such as a sinus infection. If you’re experiencing unpleasant or uncomfortable symptoms in or behind the nasal cavity (especially for an extended period of time), it’s paramount you see a doctor right away since early detection can make sinus cancer far more treatable, considering the various forms of innovative therapy.
Where is Sinus Cancer located?
Sinus cancer cells manifest as tumors in the nasal cavity, particularly the maxillary sinus. These nasal cavity tumors will typically form in one of two places:
- The area around the nose where mucus is produced
- The space behind the nose allowing air to pass through the nasal passages and into the lungs
How Do Nasal Cavity Tumors Impact your Body?
In the initial stages, tumors form in the nasal passages. Once the nasal polyps have grown large enough, the cancer can spread to local tissue regions of the head and throat. Left unchecked, the cluster of cancer cells will eventually move to further regions of the body.
Are There Different Types of Nasal and Sinus Cancer?
Nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer are the two primary types of cancer that will form in the head and neck. The cancerous cells tend to be characterized as either:
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Mucosa cell carcinoma
Sinus Cancer Statistics
This is a very uncommon form of cancer. Each year, only 2,000 people are diagnosed with a nasal cavity or paranasal sinus cancer in the United States.
It becomes more common as people age, with 80% of those diagnosed with either squamous cell or mucosa cell carcinoma being above the age of 50.
Causes and Risk Factors
The specific cause of sinus or nasal cancer are unknown. However, we do know that there are risk factors involved, including:
- Workplace exposure – Certain lines of work yield further risk, particularly if they involve small particulates that linger in the air and invade the nose, such as:
- Wood dust
- Textile dust
- Leather dust
- Nickel and chromium dust
- Mustard gas
- Hereditary retinoblastoma treatment
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
Signs and Symptoms of Sinus Cancer
Symptoms of sinus cancer will typically manifest on one side. Common symptoms of the impacted patient include:
- Bulging in one eye
- Constant watering eyes
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Growth of the nose, face, or palate
- Hearing loss
- Lingering nasal congestion
- Loss of smell
- Numbness or pain in the face
- Pain above or below the eyes
- Pain or pressure in an ear
- Post-nasal drip
- Pus draining out the nose
- Teeth loosening or going numb
- Trouble opening mouth
The Different Stages of Sinus Cancer
Sinus cancer will go through several stages ranging from 0 to IV. These are:
- Stage 0 – Primary tumor is only on the top tissue layer of cells that line the maxillary sinus, and haven’t grown deeper. There are no cancerous cells in the lymph nodes or distant regions of the body. The tumor at this stage is minimally invasive and localized.
- Stage I – Primary tumor grows deeper, but only into the mucosa—the skin lining the sinus cavity—and has not penetrated the bone. Cancer is neither in the lymph nodes, nor the distant parts of the body.
- Stage II – The tumor has begun to penetrate the bone of the sinus, but not the bones in the back part. Cancer still has not yet spread elsewhere, particularly the lymph nodes.
- Stage III – The tumor has reached the posterior wall—the bones at the back of the sinus cavity—or the ethmoid sinus tissue, or the eye socket. Cancer may have spread to a single lymph node.
- Stage IV – The tumor is growing into the regions around the nasal cavity, including the cheek, eye socket, and top of the nose. Cancer may have spread to multiple lymph nodes or other regions of the body.
Alternative / Natural Treatment of this Cancer
Unlike traditional treatment methods such as chemotherapy, radiation, or invasive surgery, alternative treatments are more effective since they focus on boosting your immune system to help your body fight cancer naturally.
At ITC, our mission is to provide patients with a precise mix of natural and effective alternative cancer treatment options. Since every patient’s health and history is different, we tailor each treatment program to the individual. We want to optimize the treatment for your specific condition. Doctors meets with our patients daily to discuss and adjust treatment plans according to your body’s response.
Together, we can fight your sinus cancer. If you are searching for a cancer center, give us a call and let us walk you through our cancer care and various alternative sinus cancer treatment options. We want to join you in this fight, empowering your body to do what it knows to do naturally; heal.
- Cancert.net. Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinus Cancer: Statistics. https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/nasal-cavity-and-paranasal-sinus-cancer/statistics
- Cancer.org. Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinus Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/nasal-cavity-and-paranasal-sinus-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging.html
- WebMD. Sinus and Nasal Cavity Cancer. https://www.webmd.com/cancer/sinus-nasal-cavity-cancer#1
Therapies we use
Customized Care For the Body And The Mind
Discuss Your Custom Alternative Treatment Plan With Our Team Today
Hear from Our Patients
Peter Richardson was having significantly increasing pain in his stomach earlier in February. Following doctors orders for treating constipation, Peter took laxatives and pain killers for 5 months, but nothing was helping. When he went back to the doctor a second time they did a CT scan and found a large mass in his abdomen […]
In 2015, Pamela was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer that escalated into Stage Four Breast Cancer. Along with her cancer, she also was dealing with infection and swelling on her chest and arm. After hearing about the success of integrative medicine over a conventional method, she knew that she wanted to start her journey […]
Joshua Gibbs of Detroit, Michigan was diagnosed with Stage 4 Small Bowel Cancer in January 2020 at the age of 28. He was very sick and in a wheelchair when he arrived at Immunity Therapy Center, but was encouraged by how quickly “Dr Bautista jumped in to help” once he arrived. With the support of […]
Alexandria, a United States resident, was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma in March. The disease came very suddenly. After living a very active lifestyle, she could no longer walk and took a turn for the worst. She knew that she had to receive quality care fast if she was going to recover. When she met […]
“The nurses… prayed with us during hard times.” Marie started experiencing pain in her stomach. When she visited her doctor in Belize, he prescribed medicine and said she should feel better in two weeks. Instead, she felt worse. She went to Mexico for more tests and was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Through research and asking friends […]
“ITC offers so many different therapies and none of them are painful at all. During my time at ITC my quality of life was not taken away from me [unlike with Chemotherapy] and my lymphoma shrank drastically” In 2016, Fouad Youssef discovered he had a lymphoma the size of his thumb knuckle under his arm. […]
Johnny Russell Jr
“I am amazed at Dr. Bautista’s knowledge, we know the term doctor really means teacher.” Johnny had never been to Tijuana, Mexico prior to his visit at the Immunity Therapy Center, he is now in love with the city and the culture. After 3 weeks of treatment, Johnny was able to leave cancer free of […]
Johnny Russell, Jr. | Follow Up
This is Johnny’s 3rd follow up. He has been cancer free since June 2017 after being at ITC for two and a half weeks starting in May of 2017 with Myeloma Cancer. He decided to stay the full 6 weeks to get the full treatment and benefits of the therapies. Since then he maintains a […]
9 years ago Clara Kornelsen came to ITC for treatment after being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Although she was living in Canada at the time and healthcare was free, she felt it was the right thing to come to ITC for treatment. Today, Clara is “strong and healthy as ever” and thanks Dr. Bautista for […]
“The approach they take here is to help the body, to strengthen the immune system, and to stimulate it, so that the body itself fights the disease” In 2018, Joseph Turkington’s health started to deteriorate. A usually healthy person, he began to have pains in his stomach area, pains so bad that he eventually decided […]