About Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is a strain of cancer that is limited to women and occurs in the ovaries of the female reproductive system. Every woman has two ovaries that are almond-sized sacks attached by ligaments in the uterus. They are incredibly important for two primary reproductive functions:
- Fertilization – They produce and release oocyte (eggs) during the menstrual cycle.
- Hormone production – They produce reproductive hormones progesterone and estrogen.
According to the Healthline, every year: “Approximately 21,000 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer. In addition, roughly 14,000 women in the U.S. will die from it in the next year.” It’s most commonly found in white women over the age of 40, with half of all cases occurring in women over the age of 63. A woman’s risk of dying from ovarian cancer is about 1 in 108. Typical strains of ovarian cancer include:
- Epithelial tumors – Account for 90% of all ovarian cancers. They occur in the thin layer of tissue on the outside of the ovaries.
- Stromal tumors – Account for 7% of all ovarian cancers. They begin in the ovarian tissue that has hormone-producing cells. For that reason, this strain is far more diagnosable in the early stages.
- Germ cell tumors – A rare type of ovarian cancer that occurs in the egg-producing cells of younger women.
- Peritoneal cancer – A rare form of cancer that acts and looks like ovarian cancer since the ovaries and peritoneum are made of epithelial cells. As a result, they have very similar symptoms and treatments, even though you can develop it even after your ovaries have been removed.
Causes and Risk Factors
Although we do not yet know the root causes for most ovarian cancers, we are aware of factors that make a woman more susceptible to developing epithelial tumors. Common risk factors include:
- Older age – Although it can happen at any age, it most commonly occurs in women ranging from ages of 50 to 60.
- Estrogen hormone replacement therapy – Long-term use and/or large doses of artificial hormones increase risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Age when menstruation either began or ended – If you begin menstruation early or start menopause late, it may increase risk.
- Family history – There have been proven links of genetic inheritance of the disease.
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
Unfortunately, early-stage ovarian cancer infrequently manifests symptoms. Even advanced-stage ovarian cancer rarely exhibits symptoms that aren’t relatively benign. As a result, it can be exceedingly difficult to detect. Such symptoms may look like:
- Feeling full after eating small amounts
- Frequent urination
- Pelvis discomfort
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Weight loss
If you see the signs, common tests your doctor can perform include:
- Pelvic Exam – A doctor makes a digital insertion into the vagina and then presses his or her other hand against the abdomen in order to palpate the pelvic organs.
- Imaging tests – CT scans and ultrasounds can be taken of the abdomen and pelvis to better gauge the size, shape and structure of the ovaries.
- Blood tests – A blood test may be able to tell if you have cancer cells within your body. Blood is drawn to test against tumor markers and proteins commonly found on ovarian cancer cells.
- Surgery – Sometimes it’s necessary to have one of the ovaries removed to test it for cancer.
Stages of Ovarian Cancer
There are four stages of ovarian cancer. They are:
- Stage I – The cancer remains in the ovaries and has yet to spread to localized or distant organs.
- Stage II – The cancer is in either one or both ovaries. It has also spread to the fallopian tubes or uterus.
- Stage III – The cancer is in either one or both ovaries. It has spread beyond the pelvic region to the abdominal lining or lymph nodes.
- Stage IV – The cancer has advanced and metastasized to distant organs.
About Alternative/Natural Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Treatment for ovarian cancer typically comprises one or a combination of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and medication to reduce potential recurrence. While these treatments can be effective, they can also come with difficult side effects that can be tiring for you and challenging for your immune system, making it harder to fight off the disease. Alternative treatments offer natural solutions to maintain recovery while regulating side effects from more traditional treatments.
If you have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, the Immunity Therapy Center offers a full range of alternative, natural treatments to help you manage it. Our team is committed to providing completely tailored treatment plans that are structured around your specific condition and health needs. We offer one-on-one consultations with Dr. Bautista, which ensures that we get to know you personally and build an actual relationship to provide you with the best alternative treatment for adrenal cancer. If you are interested in a customized alternative therapy treatment plan or learning more about alternative therapy for Cancer Treatment reach out to Immunity Therapy Center today!
Baber, R. NCBI. Menopausal hormone therapy and ovarian cancer. (2015). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4604667/
Cancer.org. Ovarian Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/ovarian-cancer/causes-risks-prevention/what-causes.htmlTherapies we use
Customized Care For the Body And The Mind
Discuss Your Custom Alternative Treatment Plan With Our Team Today
Hear from Our Patients
Peter Richardson was having significantly increasing pain in his stomach earlier in February. Following doctors orders for treating constipation, Peter took laxatives and pain killers for 5 months, but nothing was helping. When he went back to the doctor a second time they did a CT scan and found a large mass in his abdomen […]
John was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Septemeber of 2018 after a lump on the side of his neck became prevalent. After visiting countless doctors and oncologists in the States, John, along with his wife decided that the best treatment for his aggressive cancer was through holistic and alternative medicine. Through extensive research, John […]
“The nurses… prayed with us during hard times.” Marie started experiencing pain in her stomach. When she visited her doctor in Belize, he prescribed medicine and said she should feel better in two weeks. Instead, she felt worse. She went to Mexico for more tests and was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Through research and asking friends […]
“ITC offers so many different therapies and none of them are painful at all. During my time at ITC my quality of life was not taken away from me [unlike with Chemotherapy] and my lymphoma shrank drastically” In 2016, Fouad Youssef discovered he had a lymphoma the size of his thumb knuckle under his arm. […]
Johnny Russell Jr
“I am amazed at Dr. Bautista’s knowledge, we know the term doctor really means teacher.” Johnny had never been to Tijuana, Mexico prior to his visit at the Immunity Therapy Center, he is now in love with the city and the culture. After 3 weeks of treatment, Johnny was able to leave cancer free of […]
Johnny Russell, Jr. | Follow Up
This is Johnny’s 3rd follow up. He has been cancer free since June 2017 after being at ITC for two and a half weeks starting in May of 2017 with Myeloma Cancer. He decided to stay the full 6 weeks to get the full treatment and benefits of the therapies. Since then he maintains a […]
9 years ago Clara Kornelsen came to ITC for treatment after being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Although she was living in Canada at the time and healthcare was free, she felt it was the right thing to come to ITC for treatment. Today, Clara is “strong and healthy as ever” and thanks Dr. Bautista for […]
“The approach they take here is to help the body, to strengthen the immune system, and to stimulate it, so that the body itself fights the disease” In 2018, Joseph Turkington’s health started to deteriorate. A usually healthy person, he began to have pains in his stomach area, pains so bad that he eventually decided […]
When Xiao was diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma her pain was so bad she classified it at a level 10 every single day. After just a few days at Immunity Therapy Center her pain dropped to a 5, and after a full week she didn’t even need to take her pain medicine anymore. Xiao encourages […]
Prior to being diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma, Melissa Porter lead a very healthy lifestyle. While traveling in Costa Rica she found a lump in her right underarm that was found to be Cancerous. When Melissa returned home she researched a variety of alternative treatment options and after being told about Immunity Therapy Center by her […]