Guillain-Barre syndrome symptoms include:
- Prickling “pins and needles” sensation in fingers, toes, ankles, or wrists
- Weakness in legs that spreads to upper body
- Unsteady walking and/or inability to walk or climb stairs
- Difficulty with eye or facial movements (including speaking, chewing,and swallowing)
- Severe pain (may worsen at night)
- Difficulty with bladder control and/or bowel function
- Rapid heart rate
- Low or high blood pressure
- Difficulty breathing
Guillain-Barre syndrome usually has its on set following a respiratory or digestive tract infection, but its exact cause is unknown.
Learn about the holistic therapies we may use to treat Guillain-Barre syndrome.