We talk a lot about the ways we fight cancer here at Immunity Therapy Center in Tijuana, Mexico. But cancer is not our whole story. We’re also experts in the treatment of autoimmune diseases.
Cancer spreads in our bodies because our immune system is not strong enough to prevent it. But what happens when our immune system actually starts attacking our bodies outright? This situation causes what we call autoimmune diseases – many of which you may be familiar with. With an autoimmune condition or disease, the immune response to attacking invaders gets confused and begins attacking healthy parts of the body. Autoimmune disease symptoms can include inflammation, joint paint, swelling, and more.
There are a number of treatments, but autoimmune disease natural treatment options show very positive outcomes and stop the immune system from attacking healthy cells. Keep reading to learn more about the autoimmune condition and some natural autoimmune disease treatment options.
What is an autoimmune disease?
The immune system protects the body from foreign invaders. These invaders take the form of viruses or bacteria. In normal cases, the immune system automatically attacks anything it thinks is foreign and tries to kill it to keep the body healthy. For some people, the immune system mistakenly thinks that healthy parts of the body are foreign invaders. The immune system goes to work trying to rid the body of these cells. As the immune system attacks healthy tissue, health problems arise. There are a few types of autoimmune diseases, including lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, celiac disease, and multiple sclerosis.
No one actually knows what any underlying cause of autoimmune diseases is. Some researchers believe that heredity is in play, while others disagree. The most prominent research into the cause of autoimmune diseases surrounds the idea of these “invaders.” If your immune system is attacking a bacterium, for example, healthy tissue might get in the way of the battle and get caught up in the infection. The immune system gets confused about who is who and attacks everything in sight.
We do know that more women than men, by a large margin, suffer from autoimmune diseases. About 80% of sufferers are women; and usually they are older as well.
What are some types of autoimmune diseases?
Some autoimmune conditions are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis – This is a common condition in which the immune system attacks the joints, and this autoimmune disease symptoms include cartilage loss, cramping, and pain in autoimmune patients. This type of arthritis is mostly found in the hands, but can be found in many parts of the body.
- Lupus – This misunderstood disease can affect the whole body as the immune system wages war on the skin, kidneys and the brain.
- Celiac disease (or gluten intolerance) – This is an immune system overreaction to gluten in the body causing damage the the lining of the intestine.
- Psoriasis – This is a skin condition that causes irritation of the skin as well as flaky patches of skin. The condition also causes Psoriatic arthritis at a later stage.
- Type 1 diabetes – This is an assault on the insulin-producing cells of the pancreas leading to a dip or cease in production of insulin.
- Crohn’s disease – This is another type of attack on the intestines that causes abdominal pain and bowel problems.
- Asthma – This is a group of conditions related to an immune system attack on the respiratory system.
- Multiple Sclerosis – This is a condition caused by the immune system’s attack on nerves resulting in a disconnect between the brain and the body.
Natural treatments for autoimmune diseases
Autoimmune diseases are the result of a confused immune system. Natural therapies work to retrain the immune system to stop attacking healthy cells and focus on actual invaders. Of course, a number of pharmaceutical drugs exist to treat these conditions, but autoimmune disease natural treatment alternatives show very positive outcomes. To create a stronger, healthier immune system, we offer our patients a number of therapies, including:
We also focus on diet and lifestyle choices that promote a healthy immune system in autoimmune patients. Immunity Therapy Center is the most advanced, best researched, and well-equipped clinic of its kind in Mexico and beyond. We have been treating patients with autoimmune diseases for over 20 years and strive to continue down new avenues of care and discovery.
For more information about how we treat autoimmune diseases naturally, talk to a doctor today: 619-870-8002
At Immunity Therapy Center, our goal is to provide objective, updated, and research-based information on all health-related topics. This article is based on scientific research and/or other scientific articles. All information has been fact-checked and reviewed by Dr. Carlos Bautista, a Board Certified Medical Doctor at Immunity Therapy Center. All information published on the site must undergo an extensive review process to ensure accuracy. This article contains trusted sources with all references hyperlinked for the reader's visibility.