It is well-known how formidable breast cancer is, making it essential to know when to call the doctor about a breast lump. Furthermore, exploring every available cancer treatment option upon diagnosis is critical.
Although conventional procedures like breast cancer surgery are often effective, they may not be effective enough for everyone. So, can you get cured of breast cancer naturally?
Here, we glimpse into alternatives to chemo for breast cancer to help make a more informed treatment decision.
Breast Cancer Across the Globe
According to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, breast cancer is women’s most frequently diagnosed cancer. Female breast cancer has also surpassed lung cancer as the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the world. In the United States, it is second only to skin cancer as the most common among women.
Despite those numbers, there are also positives regarding breast cancer survival rates. The five-year relative survival rate for breast cancer has increased significantly since 1975, a testament to how far treatment has advanced.
Alternative Approaches to Fighting Breast Cancer
So, how can you support someone with breast cancer? When it comes to battling invasive breast cancer naturally, making changes in diet, lifestyle, and incorporating herbal and nutritional supplements can play a significant role. Here are the things to consider:
Diet and Nutrition
A healthy diet can profoundly impact breast cancer management. And adding various fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins is crucial. Here are some specific foods and nutrients with anticancer properties:
- Cruciferous vegetables: Broccoli, cauliflower, and kale contain compounds that slow breast cancer cell growth.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and similar fruit have antioxidants that help reduce inflammation.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Found in salmon, mackerel, and other fish and is reportedly helpful in lowering the risk of breast cancer.
- Green tea: Green tea contains many antioxidants and reportedly has potential cancer-fighting properties.
Upon diagnosis, breast cancer patients should immediately consider having dietary guidelines set by their healthcare professional. This often involves limiting the consumption of processed foods, refined sugars, and alcohol. A healthy diet can support breast cancer management by providing essential nutrients and promoting overall well-being.
While not a cure, positive lifestyle changes can aid in breast cancer prevention and prepare the body for treatment. Here are a few to consider making:
- Physical activity: Being physically active helps in maintaining a healthy weight, which in itself helps reduce cancer risk. Physically capable adults should do at least 150 minutes worth of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity every week.
- Avoiding risk factors: Taking steps to avoid risk factors and increase protective factors may help prevent cancer. Risk factors to be wary of include having a personal history of breast cancer or benign breast disease, older age, inherited risk, dense breast tissue, hormonal factors, radiation therapy, obesity, and alcohol consumption. Protective factors include certain reproductive history, hormone therapy, exercise, and other interventions.
Other than chelation therapy for breast cancer and cryoablation for breast cancer, complementary therapies can be used along with conventional treatments to help improve the cancer patients’ overall well-being. Here are a few examples:
- Acupuncture: This ancient Chinese therapy involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body to stimulate energy flow. Acupuncture can help relieve pain, nausea, hot flashes, and other cancer treatment-related symptoms. Consulting a qualified acupuncturist experienced in working with cancer patients is crucial for safety and optimal benefits.
- Mind-body therapies: Practices like meditation, yoga, and relaxation techniques offer holistic support. Meditation reduces stress and anxiety while promoting emotional well-being. Yoga combines physical movement, breathing exercises, and meditation to improve flexibility, reduce stress, and enhance overall wellness. Relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation help manage stress levels effectively.
- Traditional medicine systems: Systems like Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and Naturopathy offer comprehensive approaches to breast cancer treatment. These systems focus on restoring balance and harmony within the body through personalized alternative therapies, including herbal medicine, dietary adjustments, and lifestyle modifications. Integrating practices from traditional medicine systems alongside conventional treatment can provide a holistic approach to breast cancer management.
Discover Immunity Therapy Center
Looking for the best alternative cancer treatment centers in the world? At Immunity Therapy Center, we can assess which alternative treatment is ideal for your diagnosis and adjust your treatment plan accordingly to secure optimal outcomes. We aim to provide less invasive treatment options so that you can fight cancer and achieve better health. As each patient’s timeline differs based on the cancer types, whether it’s breast or brain cancer, the stage, and the severity, we involve you at every step to make the experience as comfortable and encouraging as possible. At Immunity Therapy Center, our alternative therapies give you another option when approaching your care.
Written By: Dr. David Alvarez
Dr. David Alvarez is a Board Certified Medical Doctor from Universidad Xochicalco and Certified by the American Heart Association (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support).
Dr. Alvarez has been collaborating with Dr. Bautista as an Assistant Medical Director at the Immunity Therapy Center for over 6 years. He provides daily on site patient care and participates on the medical board on research and development of patient treatment plans and programs. Dr. Alvarez is a knowledgeable and compassionate Doctor committed to helping patients get to where they want to be health wise through a more holistic and comprehensive approach.
- “Breast Cancer Statistics And Resources | Breast Cancer Research Foundation | BCRF” Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 2021 URL: https://www.bcrf.org/breast-cancer-statistics-and-resources/. Accessed 13 July 2023
- ”Breast Cancer Statistics | CDC” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2022. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/breast/statistics/index.htm. Accessed 13 July 2023
- “Breast Cancer Statistics | How Common Is Breast Cancer?” Cancer.org, 2023. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/types/breast-cancer/about/how-common-is-breast-cancer.html. Accessed 13 July 2023
- “Breast Cancer – Statistics” Cancer.Net, 2012. https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/breast-cancer/statistics. Accessed 13 July 2023
- “Basic Facts About Breast Health: Nutrition for Breast Cancer Prevention By UCSF”, ucsfhealth.org, UCSF Health, 2019. https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/basic-facts-about-breast-health-nutrition-for-breast-cancer-prevention. Accessed 13 July 2023
- “What Can I Do to Reduce My Risk of Breast Cancer? | CDC” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2022. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/breast/basic_info/prevention.htm. Accessed 13 July 2023
- “Breast Cancer Prevention | National Cancer Institute” Cancer.gov Year: 2023. https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/patient/breast-prevention-pdq. Accessed 13 July 2023
- ‘Breast Cancer Risk Factors and Prevention Methods” Cancer.org, 2023. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/types/breast-cancer/risk-and-prevention.html. Accessed 13 July 2023
- “10 Ways to Help Reduce Breast Cancer Risk | BCRF” Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 2022. https://www.bcrf.org/blog/breast-cancer-prevention-breast-cancer-risk-reduction/. Accessed 13 July 2023
At Immunity Therapy Center, our goal is to provide objective, updated, and research-based information on all health-related topics. This article is based on scientific research and/or other scientific articles. All information has been fact-checked and reviewed by Dr. Carlos Bautista, a Board Certified Medical Doctor at Immunity Therapy Center. All information published on the site must undergo an extensive review process to ensure accuracy. This article contains trusted sources with all references hyperlinked for the reader's visibility.